Here you will find the history of the Helium Polish software.
Helium Polish version 5.2 - October 22, 2010
- Fixed bugs
- Missing data in step cuts
- Wrong Width value for Pear type cuttings
- Changes in new version
- Changed names of some new pictures and parameters for girdle asymmetry
Helium Polish version 5 - September 2, 2010
- New advantages for analyzing girdle asymmetry and removing girdle asymmetry
- Defining Girdle Types for Cushion as Red, Yellow, Green and Blue
- New algorithm of autocalibrating of Helium Polish scanner
- New algorithm with additional contours for general improvement of model construction
- Algorithms Princess and New Princess are improved
- Rough and Polish Polyhedron algorithms are improved
- Improved constructions of some cushions
- Removed superfluous facets of some semipolished models
- Line thickness of reports pictures can be modified via INI file
- New girdle thickness line is added in the plot Girdle thickness
- Type of facets in fancy cuts are defined better
- Added new picture into reports - Diamond side view without dimensions lines and parameters values
- Calculation of culet position
- Fixed bugs
Helium Polish version 4.51 - June 10, 2009
- New parameters: Radius, Crown height at Bone and Pavilion depth at Bone
- Girdle sides and Girdle internal angles values output into reports for straight ages fancies
- Extra facets for girdle, crown and pavilion
- Illustrated report for step cuts
- Small improvements in marquise construction
Helium Polish version 4.49 - March 23, 2009
- New cuts Cushion, Radiant and Square Radiant are constructed by Helium Polish
- Girdle sides and girdle internal angles are available for princesses, step cuts, radiants, square radiants and others
- New Algorithm for Automatic control of holder height
- Accuracy of defining the directions of minimum and maximum diameters is increased
Helium Polish version 4.29 - July 2, 2008
- Constructing of some round fancy model created by asc sample is improved
- Triangle door pointer is available on pictures in the report
- New estimations of Width and Length in the Heart report
- Ratio L/W and Girdle ratio
- Crown main and corner angles, Pavilion main and corner angles are available for Radiant
- Parameters Corner width / length in the report for StepCut
- New behavior of stone weight input in the scanning process
Helium Polish version 4.23 - April 30, 2008
- New universal report for unknown and any cuts is available
- Facets angles, azimuths and other are displayed on Scene
- Girdle symmetry picture and diagram are improved
- Girdle facets angles and azimuths are available for brilliants and rounded fancies
- HTML report for Step Cut is available
- Autosave STL option
Helium Polish version 4.19 - January 16, 2008
- Girdle asymmetry estimation for rounded fancies
- Girdle angles and azimuths are available for triangles,emeralds and radiants
- Automatic detection of star facets for semipolished round brilliant is included
- Facets marking for rounded fancies is improved
Helium Polish version 4.17 - December 3, 2007
- New parameters for Step Cut / Triangle
- Parameters of curve, head, point and wing facets and illustrations are available in reports for polished rounded fancies
- Facets marking algorithm is improved
- Colour of pictures in reports and export data is defined in INI files
- The same names of reports used in a title of report, template file name and in the Helium program
Helium Polish version 4.0 - August 14, 2007
- Parameters of curve, head, point and wing facets are available in the semipolished report
Helium Polish version 3.101 - June 6, 2007
- Constructing of fancies models are improved in the Any Cut mode
- AGS Spread is available in the reports
- Name of facets are added into the illustrations of Round Fancies for semipolished report
Helium Polish version 3.95 - April 5, 2007
- New parameters and report illustrations for Prince
Girdle facets slope & azimuth angles
- First Facet Alignment Option
- Fixed bug
Helium Polish version 3.93 - February 19, 2007
- New parameters for StepCut / Trapezium:
Girdle side width, Girdle side length, Girdle side width-based
Culet length, Girdle facets slope & azimuth angles
- Automatic control of holder height
- The new GIA cut grade estimations
are available in the illustrated report for brilliant
- Fixed bug
Helium Polish version 3.91 - January 15, 2007
- Recut report with new parameters
- Export smart recut model into DiamCalc
- Parameters of full report for brilliant are available
round diamonds with polished crown and semipolished
semipolished crown and polished pavilion
- Autosave *.mmd, *.dmc, *.gem
into target directories after building model
Helium Polish 1:1 version 3.87 (build 91) and
Helium Polish 1:2 version 3.87 (build 92) - November 25, 2006
- New parameters Width-wise culet shift ratio / Length-wise
culet shift ratio are included for all cuttings with offset estimation
- Corner angle width/length parameters are included for Step Cuts
- Round report section Painting is renamed as Paint / Dug
- Text descriptions of parameter Painting are renamed
- Calculation of Princess and Any Cut cuttings are improved
- Saving a model into free GemAdviser format *.GEM
(With out creating HTML report)
- New GIA_PCT_2006 appraiser of cut quality is included in to
- Internal symmetry appraiser is updated
- Added symmetry estimations for all parameters with deviations
from average (for RBC reports)
- The ranges of estimations are modified
- External symmetry appraiser
Helium Polish 1:1 version 3.80 (build 74) and
Helium Polish 1:2 version 3.80 (build 75) - July 14, 2006
- The Girdle Type parameters were substituted by new parameters:
Crown Painting and Pavilion Painting. They estimate crown and
pavilion independently. New parameters are added
to the reports for round brilliants.
- Improved building of fancy cutting and its semipolished.
- The mode of construction various cutting by ASCII is included.
Helium Polish 1:1 version 3.70 (build 473)
and Helium Polish 1:2 version 3.70 (build 474) - May 20, 2006
- Improvement in building of rounded fancy cuttings (Marquise,
- Improvement in building of Round Semi-polished diamonds and new reports for semi-polished round diamonds
- Picture "profile view of diamond model" is updated. Now user has option to change scale, size and other parameters of this picture
Helium Polish 1:1 version 3.60 (build 1017)
and Helium Polish 1:2 version 3.60 (build 1016) - April 3, 2006
- HTML reports are released
- Internal formatted text reports are released
- Default settings for reports are availabled
Helium Polish 1:1 release 3.50.3458 and 3.50.3459
- August 23, 2005
- Improvement of quality of building of Princess and Step cuts
- Improved full reports for Princess cut with new parameters
Helium Polish 1:1 release 3.50.2053 - April
- Information about slope angles for the large visible facets (main facets and halves facets) on the pavilion and crown.
- Predefined positions of diamond in the scene.
- Building of step cut diamonds. Improvement of model building for cut "Emerald".
- New parameters for Marquise and Oval cuts.
- Some improvements were made in building of rounded fantasies (Pear, Oval, and Marquise).
- Saving of model of polished diamond in STL format is available.
- "Auto turn off pump" option.
- Values of angles of flat facets on any contour.
The description of new features in the last version of program Helium (release 3.50.2053)
Helium polish pre-release 3.50.773 - January
New features of Helium polish system are available:
- Image of parameters in the scene.
- Automatic diagnostics of diamond shift during scanning process.
- Automatic diagnostics of hit of the vertex of Table facet of scanned diamond to the holder hole.
- Reports for semipolished diamonds and for arbitrary cuts.
- Improved reports for Polished Brilliant, Marquise, Pear, Oval cuts,
which are considered the specificity of these cuts.
- Greatly better building of fancy cuts such as Marquise, Pear, Oval.
- Time of scanning is decreased significantly. The overall improvement (scanning and building of model) in the speed is about 25%.
- Modes of scanning were changed and improved. Method "Optimum" was changed and now it takes about 23 sec and at the same time accuracy of this method only 1,5 times less than "Accuracy" mode which takes about 45 sec.
Detailed description of updates and possibilities for new pre-release 3.50.773